The J-1 visa is used by foreign students, scholars, experts, medical interns and residents, international visitors, and industrial and business trainees to enter the US as exchange visitors. These exchange programs must be approved by the US government, and must be for the purpose of studying, gaining experience, or doing research in a specific field. The maximum length of stay varies depending on what type of exchange you are doing, however it can range from as little as four months to as many as seven years. The J-1 visitor can also bring their spouse and children under a J-2 visa, which will allow them to work in the US during the J-1 visa holder’s stay.

Our Attorneys

Intuitive, insightful, assiduous, sedulous, diligent and meticulously commited to the success of our clients.


Mumtaz Wani

Lead Counsel

Mr. Wani is an eminent and a singularly distinguished attorney with over thirty years of extensive legal experience. His remarkable scholarship, comprehensive understanding of the law, coupled with his genuine, and veritable concern for the welfare of our clients, makes him an extremely rare and atypical find.